Monday, April 20, 2009

my first art show - small and brief




I clearly don't know much about blogging, but I'm just going to blog ahead. I've changed this to Blue Man. And in the larger photo of the painting I changed his eyes to look "blue". Mostly I just want to get rid of this painting and my memory of this disgusted expression. Pretty much sums up everything about that relationship...





my kitchen  - getting ready. i need to pick 6 paintings. i think i'll go with twilight garden (#3 photo) and try to finish my other garden painting (annie's garden, a different annie, alas), also will put in greg and try to get rid of it!, my good mother, and probably the cow pastel ( a belted galloway  that i love!)

5 comments:

Annabelle said...

some are not finished!

Laney McKee French said...

I sort of like the unfinished look, at least in the photos. Which ones are you deciding between? Are you really ready to part with LargerThanLife Betty?
-YFNL

Susan said...

Nice photos! It took my blurry morning vision, still chockful of sleep, a few minutes to figure out what was a picture, what was the photo, what the old woman was doing sitting at the end of your table with arrays of flowers all around! I want to see MORE! The cow! I wish I could be there for the show itself and the evening of hushed artistic confidences laced with laughter you mentioned in your morning email. You may feel "too many ideas, too little time," and so do I, but at least you have something to show for it and such good work to show for it.

Susan said...

Ooh. You posted more paintings! I like the hollyhocks; the man scares me. What are you painting with? I can't see closely enough to tell. Must be acrylic; oil would never dry for a show in just a couple weeks!

Middleton Public Library Origami Mural: Dimensions said...

Dr. Banana,

These are excellent! Susan sent me a link to your blog & I'm way impressed. And I would buy one of the flower paintings if not beyond my budget. Are they for sale??

Lizzie