Saturday, April 24, 2010

Growing up Girlstyle

Its still not even close to being done!
But after painting for 3 hours in the sun, I'm pretty done for the day. I've got paint all over my hair and clothes...


Here the inspiration is all the stuff we go through growing up female. Susanna's vintage photo to me is especially nice - the high drama of the relationship between 2 sisters -there is so much love, but in the beginning there can be hate too. Susannas photo shows her older sister throwing rocks at her, Susanna looks back at her with a worried look on her face. Priceless. I'll have a hard time painting it. There is a lot of detail missing from the old photo, I'm not sure what her dress really looked like and I dont have much information about her face...oh well.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Hey Ann, I really enjoy your thoughts and comments about your process and motivation. This blog is an excellent idea. But I sympathize with the issue of time demands etc.

Susan said...

Hello my dear Ananas,

I took the liberty of showing my Mom the work in progress today. She was tickled...pink? No, blue. She asked me to tell you that she absolutely loves it. Says you've got the dress...and me...just right. It made her chuckle with happiness, so we thank you again for all that you do. xx

Bealtuinn said...

i really like your style and flow!